Teaching science can sometimes feel daunting for homeschool parents. After all, most homeschools don’t have access to a science lab and lab supplies. Also, many online supplemental resources are presented through the lens of evolution and millions of years. How can you “unlock science” for your elementary, middle, and high school students?
Answers in genesis Resources!
We want to come alongside and help you instill a love of science in your children and help them so they not only know the facts and how to practice science but want to do it for the glory of God, starting with his Word. So we’ve worked hard to develop resources you can use to supplement your child’s science education and help them learn science from a biblical worldview perspective.
Here’s just some of what we offer:
- Unlock Science: Mr. P (AiG’s Roger Patterson, a former high school science teacher) is the experiment-loving star of this Answers TV exclusive show. Mr. P mixes chemicals, blows up stuff (safely, of course), pulls out the microscope, chats with guest scientists, and more to help your middle and high school student see hands-on, observational science through the lens of God’s Word. These episodes are entertaining and a great way to supplement various science lessons throughout the year.
- Science curricula: Many homeschool curricula are now filled with evolutionary teaching—even Christian textbooks! Enjoy biblical worldview teaching integrated with science in all the science curricula we feature. Consider The Riot and the Dance—biology like you’ve never seen it before—with Dr. Gordon Wilson. It’s great for your high school student. And we feature Wonders of Creation or God’s Design for Science for your elementary student or Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology for your high school student.
- Explore Days and Explore Camp: Explore Days are one-day programs filled with hands-on science for students aged 11 years and up. Featuring topics such as physical science, chemistry, botany, zoology, and more (and even special events such as Explore Lunar Eclipse or Explore Fossil Hunt), children love the fun, hands-on science, expert instruction, and they fellowship with other children. These take place throughout the year, but we’re also offering day camps (four at the Creation Museum and one at the Ark Encounter) this summer, including science, forensics, and STEM.
For younger students, consider our Explore Jr. program.
- High School Labs: Help your high schooler get hands-on labs experience with a whole year of labs presented through the lens of a biblical worldview at the Creation Museum (biology, chemistry, environmental science, physical science, or forensics) or the Ark Encounter (biology). Don’t live in our local area? Consider our one-week lab-intensive option at the Ark Encounter for biology or chemistry.
- An Ultimate Bouncer Pass: At the Creation Museum and Ark Encounter, we now offer hands-on Discover programs free of charge to our guests. Optional extra learning experiences for a nominal fee, animal encounters, presentations, and more are also available for our guests. There’s so much to learn, you’ll want to return with your children again and again. And the best way to do that is with our Ultimate Bouncer Pass. This family pass gives you a year of “bouncing” around between the attractions so you can enjoy everything we offer throughout the entire year.
Of course, these resources aren’t just for homeschoolers—Christian and public school children benefit massively from science resources that affirm God’s Word and point them to the true history of the world. These resources make an excellent “after-school” supplement to their science and worldview classes.
We pray these resources will be used to raise up a generation of young people who believe, defend, and proclaim God’s Word from the very first verse and who practice science for the glory of God.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,
This item was written with the assistance of AiG’s research team.